Posted on 6:22 PM by sara | 4 comments

Hello Hello!

My brother told me I was required to log into here sometime today and introduce myself. I would much rather be tearing something up or getting into something I'm not supposed to, but I will humor him for a while because most of the time if I do that, he lets me eat his food ;)

My name is Faith. People call me Faithey, Fay, Bullet, Trouble - if you have food, you can call me anything you want. I was also born in a not-so-nice place called a puppy mill. I am from the southern USA. When I was born, I was destined for a pet store like my brother, but then something happened. I went to the store alright, but I heard them mutter something about an umbilical hernia and before I knew it they were shipping me somewhere else, starving me, and I ended up back where I started out. It's hard to believe, but my next stop as I knew it was the vets where I heard someone talk about "putting me to sleep" for a business loss because I wasn't "good enough" to sell. Pretty sickening, huh? That was the scariest day of my life. I remember that ride to the vets just like it was yesterday. I was barely 7 weeks old, and my life was already ending.
That's when that very nice vet decided something else was in store for me and handed me over to a rescue organization. That's when I met my foster mommy. I came to her at seven weeks (I was taken from my mommy at 5 - oh how I missed her :( ) and weighed 1.8lbs. I gained a pound a week for as many weeks as I can remember, and I'm now sitting at a plump 20.8lbs. My forever mommy came to get me when I was 10 weeks old and I rode on a plane back and slept on her lap (undetected of course!) over many states before I came to meet my daddy and my brother. I like it here - Of course I would like it better if I lived in an all-you-can-eat buffet, but considering that's pretty hard to come by, I do like it here. Here's a little about me:

I like food incase you haven't already guessed. I don't know whether it was because food was not given to me in my first weeks of life or what, but I go absolutely nuts when someone brings out food. I'm working on it, but truthfully, I think my parents are just going to have to accept me for who I am. They know this, but they still get frustrated with my food drive. I am a diva - something about a "whole color" personality - I like to eat things I'm not supposed to, destroy things I'm not supposed to, and cause all kinds of trouble. My most recent antic was jumping up on the coffee table in the middle of the day and uprooting (and eating!) the roots of the baby aloe vera plants. They are both dying now, but I sure had fun spreading the soil all over the living room.. ;) I am a big huge cuddler. I am supposed to be a daddy's girl because Kosmo LOVES my mommy, but you can find me more and more these days cuddling with her. She doesn't mind if I snore all night and my dad shoves me a million times - so I ask you - who would you cuddle with?! I don't really like toys, but there are two exceptions.. Wubbas and Flying Squirrel Chuck It toys. I will travel on 30 minute walks with the squirrel in my mouth if my mom brings it out. Other than that, my life is pretty boring.

Oh yeah, there is one other thing. Tomorrow afternoon, I have an appointment with Dr. Joanne Cockshutt from the Toronto Veterinary Emergency Hospital. She is an AWESOME orthopaedic surgeon, and the same one who did a beautiful job on Kosmo's knees a couple of years ago. It seems I have developed luxations in my patellas and I am criss crossing my legs and compensating when I walk. I have ruined my shoes and a few people have commented that my gate is funny. My regular vet doesn't know for sure, but it looks like I might need surgery. Tomorrow morning I am going to the regular vets to get some X-Rays taken and then I'm off to see Dr. C in the afternoon. Please keep your fingers crossed for us. I'm going to be a bear if I need surgery, but I know my mom will take care of me. It's pretty stressful for all of us right now though.

And since Kosmo got to show himself off, here are a few pictures of me!






























4 comments:

Beyond the Dog Dish said...

Faith you would like the all you can eat buffet I took your Mom too. Where is your paint picture? lol. You look beautiful as always!!

Debbie said...

I'm sorry you didn't get better news :-(

Erica Vojnich said...

I'm so sorry you didn't get good news! : (

Juno said...

Hello Kosmo and Faith! First of all, we're glad to find your blog. OMD, we're very happy to learn that you two have found a great forever home!! Faith, I Pinot have many frisbees (Most of them went across the bridge) but Flying Squirrel Chuck It is the best! :) I would carry it everywhere...

Momo & Pinot

PS: We'd love to link your blog to ours. Hope it's ok.

Post a Comment